F1 in Schools STEM Challenge: Skills Development Course
F1 in Schools is a worldwide STEM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) educational project and competition. Students taking part in the challenge are inspired to learn about physics, aerodynamics, design, manufacture, branding, graphics, sponsorship, marketing, leadership/teamwork, media skills and financial strategy.
This course is designed to provide school staff with the skills needed to run The F1 in Schools STEM Challenge in their schools and includes developing knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) and CNC manufacture.
Duration: 2 Days
Who is this course for: Teachers and Instructors delivering the F1 in Schools STEM Challenge at their school
Location: F1 in Schools (Thailand) Centre of Excellence, Pensmith STEM International, Ramkhamhaeng 68
Course Tutor: Bobby Ortiz (In-Country Coordinator, Formula One in Schools)
Requirements: Participants are required to bring a laptop with a copy of Autodesk Fusion 360 (this is available free of charge to participants).
Hours: 9:30 – 16:00
Dates are available in March, April and May – please contact us for course start dates
Includes morning snack and lunch, and the resources needed to run the programme including the F1 model block to create your car.
During this course you will:
- You learn the process of design, analysis, manufacture, test and race, of a miniature gas-powered F1 model block cars.
- Learn how to use Autodesk Fusion 360 to create computer models of cars, ready for rendering and testing.
- In addition to CAD modelling, we will also look at creating parts, assemblies and engineering drawings.
- The second part of this course will look at CNC manufacture, using a CNC Router and 3D printer.
- Experience how to output CAD drawings for CNC manufacture and have the opportunity to try this with your own designs.
use Autodesk Fusion 360 to create drawings and renderings for the conceptual design of an F1 car
understand how to manufacture a car using a CNC Router and 3D Printer
understand the basics of how to participate in The F1 in Schools STEM Challenge and discover the support available
Create your own model block F1 car which you can keep to demonstrate to your students
End the day by Racing your model car
For more information, please contact: email@example.com or call 085-155-8888